To help you understand what we are discussing in our 10th World History classes this week, and to help you organize and write your paper, I've compiled a list of resources here that you can use. Please look through them if you are having trouble understanding what is going on, as you really do need to "get it" to write about it.
Don't worry, you're perfectly capable of understanding! Just stick to it, use more resources, talk with others, and ask me if you have clarification questions that I can help with.
If you find more things that help you understand, share them with me and I will post them here!
Plato: Allegory of the Cave
- Video - YouTube: School of Life, PLATO ON: The Allegory of the Cave
- Professor's Explanation: Allegory of the Cave, Washington.edu
Aristotle: Nicomachean Ethics, Book I
- Article - SparkNotes: Nicomachean Ethics
- Video - YouTube: School of Life, Aristotle (for background and explanation of his philosophy and history in general)
- Video - YouTube: Nicomachean Ethics, Book 1 Summary
- Notes - Notes on Book One from Mason.edu
- Summary - Aristotle's Ethics, NovelGuide.com
- Summary - The-Philosophy.com
- Notes - 10 Things You Need to Know About Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics
- Summary - Nicomachean Ethics Summary
- Mr. E - Aristotle's Ethics Audio Walkthrough
Additionally, here are your footnotes:
Here are the footnotes that I gave to you in class (replace the # sign with the page number that your first citation is referring to.
Plato, “Book VII,” The Republic, trans. Benjamin Jowett (London: Oxford University Press, 1888), in-class reading packet, #. Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, trans. W.D. Ross, Book I, 6-8, in-class reading packet, #.
After you introduce each text, your footnotes should use the short form: