Please note: By no means is this comprehensive at this point; it is merely a selection of focus areas. It will be fleshed out over the course of the next year.
Many Civil Rights & Civil Liberties come from specific clauses in the Constitution or from extensions of their interpretations. When you come across a clause you're not fully familiar with, look it up at the Heritage Guide to the Constitution. Just about every sentence has essays that explain them attached.
- Unit 3 on KhanAcademy.org
- Selective Incorporation (LegalZoom) - There's at least one glaring typo here but it's not a bad description.
- MLK's Letter from a Birmingham Jail - Required Document
- Legal Precedents for Desegregation of Schools (AmericanHistory.si.edu)
- 14th Amendment Explained (including due process & equal protection) (Cornell.edu)
- Bill of Rights Explained (Archives.gov)